Transition Radio Show

Any of the opinions or beliefs are ours, we do not expect anyone to follow our path or advice. You all have free will and should consult your health care professional for further information. We are not affiliated with our guests and their views and opinions are theirs.

It's time to break free from the programming while reaching your highest potential.


Thank you for your support, please support the show by becoming a Patreon or do a one time donation using Paypal. We Love you guys and remember to always love yourselves and each other.



Check out the channel: You Tube

Friday, August 16, 2013

Thursday night August 22nd 9PM EST Live on Transition Radio TV Show Devin Hellfire making a come back exclusively here on my Show

well tonite on the show I have Devin Hellfire a multitalented transman who is a writer, artist and performer he quotes:
While my Mother was pregnant with me, my Parents wanted a boy so badly that they only had a boy's name picked out. When I was born & the Doctor announced that I,"was a girl" they were shocked & surprised. Of course their instincts were right in the first place. I was supposed to be Donny Junior but they named me Denise. I've always hated that name.

I remember my Mom asking me when I was 5 why I played with boy toys. "Because I’m a boy." I told her. She laughed & said, "You’re not a boy! Boys have penises & you don’t have a penis!” I looked down even though I was clothed, contemplated the missing penis, & said, "It just hasn’t grown yet.” Thirty-nine years later? I’m growing my penis finally & I’m proud of every millimeter!

Even though I grew up in the ghettos of Connecticut with a single Mom on welfare. I spent my childhood drawing, painting & getting art scholarships. I attended Wesleyan University's Art Program C.C.Y when I was 15 and 16. Studied at the Educational Center for Arts in New Haven, CT from ages 16 - 18.

In 1987 I came to Baltimore to attend Maryland Institute College of Art & spent the next 20 years as a free-lance artist, poet & performer. I was first published in 1991 in Cry of the Invisible, which received International acclaim. A collection of my poetry & illustrations were published by Shattered Wig Press in 1994. In 1998 I was nominated for an Artscape Literary Award. During all this I toured the drag king circuit as the glam- rocker Devin Hellfire.

At the height of my career I suffered several serious injuries. Excruciating, debilitating pain not only stopped Me from doing what I loved but I was having difficulty just doing every day tasks. My body was falling apart & I needed several surgeries. I could barely walk never mind perform & I was losing the use of my right arm from the spinal injury. I could no longer paint or draw and Doctors were telling Me that I would never be able to use my arm again. During all of this I was coming to terms with the fact that I was Transgender.


That realization is partly what saved my life. I fought hard for my life as Devin Cherubini so that I would have a chance to live it! Now, after two years in transition & a successful spinal surgery that gave me the use of my right arm back; Devin Cherubini is making Art again & re-emerging into the light. It hasn't been easy. My family & many friends rejected & abandoned me. Some even abused Me. Watching a loved one in severe chronic pain & transitioning at the same time is a challenge many weren't able to cope with. But a couple of old friends have stuck by me & while in Connecticut for a year, I made wonderful & supportive transgender friends through the Connecticut Outreach Society. Now back in Baltimore, I have founded the Trans* Baltimore Outreach Society in order to pass on to Trans* people in Baltimore the kind of support I found in Connecticut. So that they too can be happy & proud to be who they are in the World.


watch live and chat  http://www.transitionradio.net/chat_and_television.html













No comments:

Post a Comment