Transition Radio Show

Any of the opinions or beliefs are ours, we do not expect anyone to follow our path or advice. You all have free will and should consult your health care professional for further information. We are not affiliated with our guests and their views and opinions are theirs.

It's time to break free from the programming while reaching your highest potential.


Thank you for your support, please support the show by becoming a Patreon or do a one time donation using Paypal. We Love you guys and remember to always love yourselves and each other.



Check out the channel: You Tube

Friday, December 6, 2013

TUESDAY DECMEBER 10TH AT 630 PM EST ON TRANSITION RADIO ETHAN ROBINSON AND HIS MOM



From Mother and Daughter to Mother and Son

My name is Ethan Robinson. I am a 25-year-old trans male from Western New York. Although born in Buffalo, NY, I spent most of my life growing up in South Florida. After graduating from high school and attending college in Florida, I decided to return to the Buffalo area in 2006 to be close to my father, who later in 2008 passed away suddenly (so glad I moved). I immediately became actively involved in the local LGBT activist community. I returned to college as a full-time student in 2012, and aim to graduate in Business Marketing during 2015. My gender identity is the product of an evolving self-discovery that has developed over some years. I am engaged to a wonderful woman who is also trans* and thus understands me on a very real level. I have a stepdaughter who is 15 whom I love, and a dog and two cats. I am in the process of helping to organize a benefit for my top surgery that will occur in May, with Dr. Garramone. I currently partake in vlogging my transition on my personal YouTube channel. I hope to grow that channel and talk about a broadening range of issues as time goes on. I have a wonderful, supportive and loving family. Upon coming out as trans, my biggest concern was about maintaining a strong relationship with my Mom. When I first came out to her she was undeniably in a state of shock, and not really understanding what being trans was all about. We have come a long way together since then, but the journey is far from over. It has been interesting, and continues to be, to watch our relationship evolve. From Mother and Daughter to Mother and Son, what an incredibly loving woman she is to embrace me. My Mother does have her struggles with regards to me changing my gender and that is all a part of this journey. I believe that when we transition, our family also has to transition in a sense.













 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for inviting me Mark and Jessica! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome Ethan and thank you for taking part.

      Delete